(Photo of Courthouse Courtesy of Dave King)
- Applications for absentee ballots can be obtained in the Clearwater County Courthouse in the Auditor & Recorder`s Office. Or by contacting the office at 476-5615 or P.O. Box 586, Orofino, Idaho 83544 and an application will be mailed.
- To receive an Absent Elector`s Ballot Application, contact the Auditor`s Office
- Starting a few weeks prior to the election you can vote absentee in the Auditor & Recorder`s Office in the Clearwater County Courthouse.
- Approximately a month prior to the election sample ballots will be available in the Clearwater County Courthouse.
Registering to Vote:
- You can come into the Clearwater County Auditor & Recorder’s Office in the Clearwater County Courthouse.
- City Hall in Elk River, Orofino, Pierce and Weippe.
- Registration cards are also available at the Driver`s License Department in the Clearwater County Courthouse.
- Contact the Auditor & Recorder’s office at 476-5615 or P.O. Box 586, Orofino, ID 83544 and a Voter Registration Card will be mailed to you. If you register to vote by mail you will be required to show picture identification and verification of residence when you vote.
- To be able to vote in any election you must reside within the county for 30 days prior to the date of the election.
- Registration will be closed 25 days prior to any election.
Election day registration is available in Idaho. You will register at your polling location on election day and be able to vote then. Picture identification and proof of physical residence is required for election day registration.
To access the Federal Voting Assistance Program webite - CLICK HERE
For an informational video specific to Idaho's election process and security - CLICK HERE