Mission: The Clearwater County Office of Emergency Management will maintain a high level of preparedness,through coordination with county and local stakeholders to ensure that the county is prepared to respond to, and recover from, all natural and man-made emergencies. This office will provide leadership and support to reduce the loss of life and property through an all-hazards emergency management program of mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery throughout Clearwater County.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The Clearwater County Office of Emergency Management is responsible for the planning, coordination, and implementation of all emergency management and Homeland Security related activities for Clearwater County in accordance with the State of Idaho Title 46, Chapter 10, “State Preparedness Act of 1975, as amended”, Homeland Security Act, and SARA Title III.
- Identify and assist in the mitigation of natural and human-caused hazards
- Provide countywide emergency management services (mitigation, preparedness, response, recovery)
- Manage Homeland Security and Emergency Management grant programs
- Continues to seek out funding opportunities from various sources so as to benefit county government, the public, and First Responder Agencies
- Develops, coordinates and brings to the county training opportunities for all First Responders including conducting exercises to test emergency response plans and procedures
- Provide effective coordination for First Responder Agencies involved in Emergency Management issues
- Identify and develop protocols for and assist in strengthening countywide critical infrastructure facilities
- Develop and maintain plans for major emergencies and disasters that build on and complement the existing operational policies and procedures of local emergency response agencies
- Gather and disseminate information to the public, businesses, media and local government agencies to assist in the preparation, response and recovery from major emergencies and disasters
- Identify and develop protocols for and coordinate continuity of local/county government and businesses during actual events
- Serve as the focal point for coordination and liaison of activities between local, state and federal government in the response to and recovery from major emergencies and disasters