(Photo of Courthouse Courtesy of Dave King)
- No expiration date (suggest you use the license within one month of issuance).
- No waiting period.
- Both parties need to be present to fill out the Marriage License Affidavit. (If one party cannot appear you need to contact the office at 476-5615 for instructions).
- Age 17 and younger need to have a parent present to give consent.
- Age 15 and younger need to have a court order.
- Both parties need to bring picture identification (driver’s license) for verification of age.
- Social security numbers are a requirement for applying for a marriage license.
- The requirement that an applicant provide a social security number shall apply only to applicants who have been assigned a social security number.
- An applicant who has not been assigned a social security number shall
- Present written verification from the social security administration that the applicant has not been assigned a social security number; and
- Submit a birth certificate, passport, or other documentary evidence issued by an entity other than a state or the United States; and
- Submit such proof as the Department of Health and Welfare may require that the applicant is lawfully present in the United States.