Community Cleanup Day Information
Orofino Community Cleanup Day April 28
Orofino Community Cleanup Day is Saturday, April 28, 2018. The Transfer Station on Highway 12 in Orofino will be open at 8 a.m. All patrons are asked to be unloaded and out of the gate by 3:30 p.m.
Please note that Community Cleanup Day is considered to be Saturday only, not Friday through Sunday.
Passenger and small truck tires will be accepted free on Saturday ONLY. Larger tires will be accepted Saturday only; however, they MUST be cut into at least four pieces. Up to 12 small truck and passenger tires will be accepted free on Saturday ONLY. There will be a $2 charge for each tire over 12. Larger tires will be accepted Saturday only; however, they MUST be cut into at least four pieces. All other days there is a $2 charge for tires with no rims and $4 for tires with rims. Tires larger than pickup tires are NOT accepted any day except Saturday on Community Cleanup Day.
Following is a list of items the Transfer Station will take:
- Household waste, yard waste, demolition and construction materials, all appliances, metal and wood products. Please separate loads as well as treated and non-treated wood.
- Recyclable items: cardboard, newspaper, paper, plastic bottles and containers, aluminum/tin cans, scrap iron/metal, batteries.
- Household cleaning supplies need to be separated if the containers are not empty. This includes paint products. If the paint has not been frozen, it sometimes can be used by others; otherwise, mix kitty litter or dirt in it to make it solid. Please do not mix these contents with household waste. The right combination can cause some deadly vapors or combust when mixed.
- Appliances such as refrigerators, furnaces, stoves, washers, dryers, TVs, and microwaves
- ClearMart Store will take any reusable items.
Please visit our FAQ page at http://www.clearwatercounty.org. Scroll to Transfer Station under the Departments heading and click on FAQ’s on the left.
Patrons need to have their loads separated or the staff will instruct you how to separate and where to place the waste. Please contact an attendant before placing waste at any location at the Transfer Station.
The Transfer Station cannot accept hazardous materials. Antifreeze and gasoline are never accepted. If you do not know what something is, place it in a durable sealed container and mark the container UNKNOWN and talk to an attendant. Please do not mix these products or hide them with your other waste.
You don’t need to wait until the Community Cleanup Day to clean out your unwanted waste. The Transfer Station is open seven days a week except major holidays from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The Clearwater Recycling Center at 2230 Michigan Ave is open 24 hours a day seven days a week to drop off recyclable items such as cardboard, newspaper, paper, plastic, and aluminum/tin.
Call 208-476-7903 with any questions about waste items that you are not sure about or visit the website at http://www.clearwatercounty.org. Scroll to Transfer Station under the Departments heading.